The environmental contribution of the commercial vehicles industry
The European commercial vehicle industry is proud of its reputation for delivering the highest quality, most technologically advanced vehicles in the world
- The importance of road transport for the global economy requires all players to use limited resources responsibly and protect the environment
- The commercial industry has a positive story to tell based on an on-going commitment to act
- Advanced technologies and the increased efficiency of vehicle engines have been key to help reduce the pressure on the environment
The industry is an indispensable actor in achieving EU sustainability objectives in transport
- The sector is producing vehicles that make a difference
- Progress in delivering solutions will continue.
- The automotive sector invests more than any other in research and development, with €20 billion spent annually on R&D.
The commercial vehicle industry wants to continue driving sustainability forward
- Together with others in the transport business, with governments and with other industries.
It is fundamental that the many solutions brought to market by the commercial vehicle industry are urgently put to use
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is the Brussels-based trade association of the 14 major car, van, truck and bus producers in Europe.
- The ACEA commercial vehicle members are DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ford Trucks, Iveco Group, MAN Truck & Bus, Scania, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Cara McLaughlin, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 485 88 66 47.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.0 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €79.5 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Almost 8% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €58.8 billion in R&D spending annually, 32% of EU total
Content type Press release
Vehicle types All vehiclesCommercial vehicles