Statement on the passing of Sergio Marchionne, former ACEA President
Brussels, 25 July 2018 – The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) expresses its profound sadness on the passing of Sergio Marchionne, the charismatic CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA).
“We are deeply shocked to lose one of the longest-standing members of our Board of Directors,” stated ACEA President, Carlos Tavares. “As well as being an inspiring business leader of FCA, Mr Marchionne was highly active within ACEA, where he always showed an incredible passion and energy for our industry, commanding enormous respect from his peers.”
Mr Marchionne was a member of ACEA’s Board since 2004 and served as its President for two two-year terms (2006-2007 and 2012-2013).
ACEA extends its deepest sympathies to Mr Marchionne’s family and the entire FCA team at this very difficult time.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) represents the 14 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Group, JLR, Mercedes-Benz, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Cara McLaughlin, Communications Director, email@example.com, +32 485 88 66 47.
- Ben Kennard, Content Editor and Press Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 487 39 21 82
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.0 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €101.9 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Over 7% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €59.1 billion in R&D spending annually, 31% of EU total