New vision and look for auto industry association, ACEA
Brussels, 3 June 2021 – The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) officially launches a new brand identity and vision today, coinciding with its 30th anniversary this year.
“Over the past three decades we have seen a lot of change,” said ACEA Director General, Eric-Mark Huitema, speaking during a YouTube premiere, which will air this morning at 9.25 CEST. “One thing remains constant though, and that is the importance of our industry, which literally keeps Europe on the move.”
“Looking ahead, we want to be a part of the solution for the challenges that the EU is facing,” Huitema explained. “We are working towards a new era of mobility, where all Europeans can access affordable transport solutions that are Green & Clean, Smart & Efficient and Safe & Reliable. Our mission is to drive Europe’s mobility transformation – while at the same time ensuring that the auto industry remains a strong Global & Competitive player.”
ACEA acts as one with common industry positions that also reflect the overarching interests of European citizens, transport users and operators, and auto industry workers. As part of its overhaul, the association also launched a new website, www.acea.auto.
This site contains a wealth of facts and figures on the auto industry, including interactive infographics and many other resources. Indeed, one of the main aims of ACEA is to bring the industry’s collective expertise to policy makers, sharing factual information to enable well-informed decisions.
ACEA was founded in 1991 under the French name l’Association des Constructeurs Européens d’Automobiles, which explains the widely recognised acronym still in use today.
ACEA acts as one with common industry positions that also reflect the overarching interests of European citizens, transport users and operators, and auto industry workers.
Notes for editors
- Tune in to the YouTube premiere from 9.25-9.35 this morning to discover the changes in a message from the ACEA Director General and a short animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWGE7y_wuyM
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) represents the 15 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, CNH Industrial, DAF Trucks, Daimler, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Jaguar Land Rover, Renault Group, Stellantis, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, Volvo Cars, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Cara McLaughlin, Communications Director, email@example.com, +32 485 88 66 47.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 14.6 million Europeans work in the auto industry (directly and indirectly), accounting for 6.7% of all EU jobs.
- 11.5% of EU manufacturing jobs – some 3.7 million – are in the automotive sector.
- Motor vehicles are responsible for €398.4 billion of tax revenue for governments across key European markets.
- The automobile industry generates a trade surplus of €74 billion for the EU.
- The turnover generated by the auto industry represents more than 8% of the EU’s GDP.
- Investing €62 billion in R&D annually, the automotive sector is Europe’s largest private contributor to innovation, accounting for 33% of total EU spending.