Martin Lundstedt to lead ACEA Commercial Vehicle Board for 2015
Brussels, 8 January 2015 – The Commercial Vehicle Board of Directors of the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) has elected Martin Lundstedt as its new Chairman for 2015.
The Commercial Vehicle Board elects a new Chairman for a yearly term, once renewable.
Mr Lundstedt, President and CEO of Scania, follows Wolfgang Bernhard, Head of Daimler Trucks, who took over the chairmanship of ACEA’s Commercial Vehicle Board in 2013, and went on to serve a second term in 2014.
ACEA Secretary General Erik Jonnaert: “On behalf of ACEA’s Commercial Vehicle Board, I wish to thank Mr Bernhard for his strong leadership. We look forward to continuing this good work with Mr Lundstedt.”
Speaking after his election, Mr Lundstedt said: “I am honoured to drive ACEA’s commercial vehicle activities for the next year, when a top priority for our industry will be to continue to address one of our toughest challenges: the further reduction of CO2 emissions.”
In this context, the CV industry has formulated three recommendations to policy makers:
- To take full account of the complexity of the commercial vehicle market, which cannot be reflected in a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach;
- To improve consumer information, thereby further strengthening market forces. This will make the customer the best regulator;
- To foster close partnerships between all relevant stakeholders through a fully integrated approach, in order to double the annual potential of CO2 reduction.
Notes for editors
About Mr Lundstedt
Martin Lundstedt joined Scania in 1992 as a trainee. He commenced his career at Scania working in engine production as a production engineer, and thereafter as manager in the field of engine production and research and development. In 2001 Mr Lundstedt became Managing Director of Scania Production in Angers, France. He returned to Sweden in 2005 and became Head of Product Marketing, and was one year later appointed Senior Vice President and Head of Trucks.
Mr Lundstedt was appointed Executive Vice President and Head of Franchise and Factory Sales in 2007. Mr Lundstedt was appointed President and CEO of Scania AB in 2012.
Mr Lundstedt holds a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering and Management.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is the Brussels-based trade association of the 14 major car, van, truck and bus producers in Europe.
- The ACEA commercial vehicle members are DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ford Trucks, Iveco Group, MAN Truck & Bus, Scania, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Cara McLaughlin, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 485 88 66 47.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 12.9 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 8.3% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €392.2 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €101.9 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Over 7% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €59.1 billion in R&D spending annually, 31% of EU total