Henrik Henriksson of Scania to lead ACEA Commercial Vehicle Board in 2020
Brussels, 30 January 2020 – The Commercial Vehicle Board of Directors of the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) has elected Henrik Henriksson, CEO of Scania, as its Chairman for 2020.
Mr Henriksson takes over the chairmanship from Gerrit Marx, President Commercial and Specialty Vehicles at CNH Industrial.
Enabling a smooth transition to carbon-neutral transport is one of ACEA’s top priorities for the years ahead, as well as ensuring that road freight transport can continue to contribute to the good functioning of Europe’s economy.
“We look forward to working closely together with the European institutions to help ensure that the Green Deal objectives are met. I strongly believe that, with increasing efforts from all stakeholders, carbon-neutral road transport by 2050 is within reach. This will require serious investments in charging and re-fuelling infrastructure suitable for trucks and buses, as well as a legislative framework that promotes all zero- and low-emission vehicles. And we have to start here and now in order to succeed,” Mr Henriksson underlined.
The ACEA Commercial Vehicle Board of Directors elects its Chairman for a yearly term. The Board is made up of the most senior executives from ACEA’s commercial vehicle members: DAF Trucks, Daimler Trucks, IVECO, MAN Truck & Bus, Scania, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and Volvo Group.
We look forward to working closely together with the European institutions to help ensure that the Green Deal objectives are met. I strongly believe that, with increasing efforts from all stakeholders, carbon-neutral road transport by 2050 is within reach.
Notes for editors
- The photo of Mr Henriksson in high resolution can be downloaded here: https://www.acea.auto/files/Henrik_Henriksson_ACEA-1.jpg
About Henrik Henriksson
- Henrik Henriksson obtained a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. After graduation in 1997, he joined Scania as Management trainee.
- Between 1999 and 2016, Mr Henriksson had several positions within the commercial system including four years as Export Director in Scania South Africa Pty Ltd in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- He was appointed President and CEO of Scania in 2016.
- Mr Henriksson is an advisor to the Swedish Government and part of their delegation for ‘Agenda 2030’, the UN’s sustainable development goals. He is also a board member of the Association of Swedish Engineering Industries.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is the Brussels-based trade association of the 15 major car, van, truck and bus producers in Europe.
- The ACEA commercial vehicle members are DAF Trucks, Daimler Trucks, Ford Trucks, IVECO, MAN Truck & Bus, Scania, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Cara McLaughlin, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 485 88 66 47.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 14.6 million Europeans work in the auto industry (directly and indirectly), accounting for 6.7% of all EU jobs.
- 11.5% of EU manufacturing jobs – some 3.7 million – are in the automotive sector.
- Motor vehicles are responsible for €398.4 billion of tax revenue for governments across key European markets.
- The automobile industry generates a trade surplus of €74 billion for the EU.
- The turnover generated by the auto industry represents more than 8% of the EU’s GDP.
- Investing €62 billion in R&D annually, the automotive sector is Europe’s largest private contributor to innovation, accounting for 33% of total EU spending.