Passenger car registrations: +7.0% over two months; +7.3% in February
Brussels, 17 March 2015 – In February 2015, EU* passenger car registrations recorded growth for the eighteenth consecutive month (+7.3%), reaching 924,440
In February 2015, EU* passenger car registrations recorded growth for the eighteenth consecutive month (+7.3%), reaching 924,440. All major markets contributed positively to the overall expansion, especially Spain (+26.1%), Italy (+13.2%) and the UK (+12.0%) posting double-digit growth, followed by Germany (+6.6%) and France (+4.5%).
From January to February 2015, new passenger car registrations increased by 7.0%, totalling almost 2 million units (1,923,484). Most major markets posted growth, contributing to the overall upturn of the EU market. Germany (+4.6%), France (+5.3%), the UK (+8.3%), Italy (+12.3%) and Spain (+26.7%) increased over this period.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) represents the 14 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Group, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Francesca Piazza, Senior Statistics Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.0 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €79.5 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Almost 8% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €58.8 billion in R&D spending annually, 32% of EU total