Passenger car registrations: +6.7% in January
Brussels, 17 February 2015 – In January 2015, EU* passenger car registrations recorded growth for the seventeenth consecutive month (+6.7%), reaching almost 1 million units (998,860).
In January 2015, EU* passenger car registrations recorded growth for the seventeenth consecutive month (+6.7%), reaching almost 1 million units (998,860). Looking at the largest markets, the increase in demand was driven mainly by the significant growth recorded in Spain (+27.5%) and Italy (+10.9%), followed by the UK (+6.7%), France (+6.2%) and Germany (+2.6%). Substantial growth was also posted by the new EU member states (+4.8%) contributing to last month’s positive outcome across the region.
* Data for Malta n.a.
Note: Due to an error in Croatian and Lithuanian data the final file has been amended
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) represents the 14 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Group, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Francesca Piazza, Senior Statistics Manager, email@example.com.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.0 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €79.5 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Almost 8% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €58.8 billion in R&D spending annually, 32% of EU total