Passenger car registrations: +6.2% in January
Brussels, 16 February 2016 – In January 2016, the EU passenger car market started the year positively, marking the 29th consecutive month of growth.
In January 2016, the EU passenger car market started the year positively, marking the 29th consecutive month of growth. Registrations during the month grew (+6.2%) compared to January 2015, totalling 1,061,150 units. This result is encouraging for the near future, as the upward market trend remains stable.
Among the major markets, Italy (+17.4%) and Spain (+12.1%) recorded the strongest performances in January, both posting double-digit percentage gains. Also the French (+3.9%), German (+3.3%) and UK (+2.9%) passenger car markets grew during the opening month of 2016, although at more modest rates.
* Data for Malta not available
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) represents the 14 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Group, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Francesca Piazza, Senior Statistics Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.0 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €79.5 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Almost 8% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €58.8 billion in R&D spending annually, 32% of EU total