Passenger car registrations: +6.1% over ten months; +6.5% in October
Brussels, 18 November 2014 – In October, in the EU passenger car registrations increased (+6.5%) from a year earlier to 1,072,837 units sold, marking the fourteenth consecutive month of growth
In October, in the EU1 passenger car registrations increased (+6.5%) from a year earlier to 1,072,837 units sold, marking the fourteenth consecutive month of growth. Substantial growth prevailed in most major markets, Spain (+26.1%), the UK (+14.2%), Italy (+9.2%) and Germany (+3.7%), leading to an upturn (+6.5%) across the region as a whole1. Only France recorded a slight decline (-3.8%) over the same month a year ago.
From January to October, new passenger car registrations in the EU1 totalled 10,645,907 units over the period. The EU1 market for passenger cars increased (+6.1%) compared to the first ten months of 2013, mainly led by the significant growth recorded in Spain (+18.1%) and in the UK (+9.5%). Likewise Italian (+4.2%), German (+3%) and French (+1.4%) markets expanded.
1Data for Malta n.a.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) represents the 14 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Group, JLR, Mercedes-Benz, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Francesca Piazza, Senior Statistics Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.0 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €101.9 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Over 7% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €59.1 billion in R&D spending annually, 31% of EU total