Passenger car registrations: +6.1% over nine months; +6.4% in September
Brussels, 17 October 2014 – In September, the EU* market for new passenger cars expanded for the thirteenth consecutive month, totalling 1,235,501 units
In September, the EU* market for new passenger cars expanded for the thirteenth consecutive month, totalling 1,235,501 units. Substantial growth prevailed in all major markets, Spain (+26.2%), France (+6.3%), UK (+5.6%), Germany (+5.2%) and Italy (+3.3%) leading to an upturn (+6.4%) across the region as a whole*.
From January to September, the EU* market for passenger cars increased (+6.1%) compared to the first nine months of 2013, mainly caused by the significant growth recorded in Spain (+17.2%) and the UK (+9.1%). Likewise Italian (+3.6%), German (+2.9%) and French (+2.1%) markets expanded. New passenger car registrations in the EU* totalled 9,572,259 units over the period.
* Data for Malta unavailable
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) represents the 14 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Group, JLR, Mercedes-Benz, Renault Group, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Francesca Piazza, Senior Statistics Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.0 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €101.9 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Over 7% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €59.1 billion in R&D spending annually, 31% of EU total