Passenger car: June registration figures down by 4.1%; first half of 2006 result above last year’s
In June 2006, passenger car registrations decreased by -4.1% across Europe to reach 1,489,561 units registered in total.
Please find the full press release attached for more details.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) represents the 16 major Europe-based car, van, truck and bus makers: BMW Group, DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ferrari, Ford of Europe, Honda Motor Europe, Hyundai Motor Europe, Iveco Group, Jaguar Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Renault Group, Stellantis, Toyota Motor Europe, Volkswagen Group, Volvo Cars, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Francesca Piazza, Statistics Manager, email@example.com.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13 million Europeans work in the auto industry (directly and indirectly), accounting for 7% of all EU jobs.
- 11.5% of EU manufacturing jobs – some 3.4 million – are in the automotive sector.
- Motor vehicles are responsible for €374.6 billion of tax revenue for governments across key European markets.
- The automobile industry generates a trade surplus of €79.5 billion for the EU.
- The turnover generated by the auto industry represents more than 8% of the EU’s GDP.
- Investing €58.8 billion in R&D annually, the automotive sector is Europe’s largest private contributor to innovation, accounting for 32% of total EU spending.