Job opportunity: Safety Policy Trainee
The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is looking for a Safety Policy Trainee to support the Safety Team on regulatory developments relevant to the automobile industry.
- Support ACEA’s Safety Director and members
- Create overviews of and background information on current and future legislation
- Prepare and host meetings with industry experts, facilitating discussions and helping ACEA members reach joint positions
- Draft briefings, reports and meeting minutes
- Coordinate ACEA replies to stakeholder consultations
- Attend major regulatory forums at EU and UN-ECE level and report on these to ACEA members
- Gather and monitor information on present and future regulatory initiatives and policies for vehicle safety (cars, busses and trucks)
- Advocate industry positions
- Prepare advocacy material (ACEA position papers, briefings)
- Analyse other policy and advocacy documents, preparing ACEA’s reaction
- Attend various events and conferences to advocate the views of the industry
- Develop a network across different industry and NGO stakeholders
- Good automotive technical background (bachelor or masters-level engineering-based degree), preferably with relevant work experience in the automotive sector and/or regulations
- Interest in EU law/politics
- Excellent English, both oral and written; good knowledge of other languages an asset
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Fast learner, who is autonomous, confident and positive, with good diplomatic skills
- Capacity to easily adapt and connect with people
- Ability to listen and steer discussions, and to find consensus and compromise
What we offer
ACEA offers a stimulating, international and professional working environment. You will have the opportunity to support our 16 member companies, by working both independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and CV by 31 May to the attention of Johannes Peter Bauer by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Type of contract
- Traineeship under CIP (Contrat d’Immersion Professionnelle); six months extendable; starting as soon as possible
- Attractive traineeship package: increased CIP grant plus other advantages (mobile phone, transport, etc)
ACEA is looking for a Safety Policy Trainee to support the Safety Team on regulatory developments relevant to the automobile industry.