Job opportunity: Public Affairs Intern
The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is looking for a highly motivated and proactive Public Affairs Intern to join its ambitious public affairs team in Brussels.
The Public Affairs Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience advocating for the automotive industry while contributing to impactful policy development and legislative processes at both European and global levels. The Public Affairs Intern will focus on the following:
- Assisting the monitoring and analysis of legislative and regulatory developments;
- Supporting the preparation of briefs, reports, and presentations on key industry-related issues and global trends;
- Conducting research on specific policy areas, draft summaries, position papers, and meeting minutes;
- Collaborating with other ACEA teams to coordinate public affairs activities and campaigns; and
- Contributing creative ideas for enhancing ACEA’s advocacy efforts and communication strategies
- Master’s degree in law, political science, or economics; specific EU law/ politics studies are an advantage
- Strong interest in public affairs, the EU legislative process, and the automotive industry
- Previous experience in public affairs or institutional relations is a plus, but not a must
- Excellent research, analytical, communication, and writing skills
- Excellent proficiency in English is a must; additional languages are a plus
What we offer
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic and influential industry association. Exposure to European policymaking processes and advocacy initiatives
- Networking opportunities with key stakeholders in the automotive and policy spheres
Type of contract
- Traineeship under a convention d’immersion professionnelle (CIP); 6-month contract; starting on 1 February 2024
- Attractive traineeship package: increased CIP grant and other advantages (meal vouchers, mobile phone, local transport)
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to Mr. Massimiliano Vascotto at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 8 January 2024 (23:59 CET). Please specify “2024Q1 PA Intern Application” in the subject line. Please note that we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is looking for a Public Affairs Intern.