Interactive map – Production impact of COVID-19 on the European auto industry
Status on: 01/06/2020 – This interactive map shows the impact of the coronavirus / COVID-19 crisis on the production of motor vehicles for each of the 27 EU member states plus the UK.
Production impact, by country
- EU-wide production losses due to factory shutdowns amount to at least 2,446,344 motor vehicles so far.
- This figure includes passenger cars, trucks, vans, buses and coaches.
- The average shutdown duration is 30 working days at the moment.
- Production losses are obviously set to increase if shutdowns are extended or additional plants are brought to a halt.
- This is by far the most comprehensive EU-wide overview currently available, combining all known information and available sources.
- The data is aggregated by ACEA and updated on a weekly basis using multiple sources, including IHS Markit, MarkLines, national automobile manufacturers’ associations and (public) announcements by manufacturers.
- Nevertheless, it is important to stress that ACEA fully acknowledges that this overview is non-exhaustive, it merely serves as a tool to show the EU-wide impact of the crisis.
Content type Figure
Vehicle types All vehicles