Interactive map – Electric vehicle purchase incentives per country in Europe (2020 update)
This map demonstrates the correlation between the market uptake of electrically-chargeable vehicles (ECVs) and the availability of purchase incentives to stimulate ECV sales (in 2020) for each of the 27 member states of the European Union and the United Kingdom.
- Purchase incentives for electrically-chargeable vehicles (ECVs), and especially their monetary value, still differ greatly across the European Union.
- 20 EU member states now offer purchase incentives (such as bonus payments or premiums) to buyers of electric vehicles.
- 7 countries do not provide any purchase incentives for electric cars:
- Belgium (3.2% ECV market share)
- Bulgaria (0.6% ECV market share)
- Cyprus (n/a)
- Denmark (4.2% ECV market share)
- Latvia (0.5% ECV market share)
- Lithuania (0.4% ECV market share)
- Malta (n/a)
- A comprehensive overview of all stimuli for electrically-chargeable cars can be found here.
Note: 2020 data, covering passenger cars