Interactive map – COVID-19 impact on EU automobile production, up until September 2020
This map shows the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the production of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles in 2020 (up until September) for the 27 EU countries and the UK.
COVID-19 production impact, by country
- EU-wide production losses due to COVID-19 amounted to 4,024,036 motor vehicles from 1 January to 30 September 2020.
- That is 22.3% of total EU production in 2019.
- This figure includes passenger cars and light commercial vehicles up to 6 tonnes.
- These losses are the result of factory shutdowns (during the ‘lockdown’ months of March, April and May) and the fact that production capacity did not return to pre-crisis levels yet.
- This is by far the most comprehensive EU-wide overview currently available, combining all known information and available sources.
- Nevertheless, it is important to stress that ACEA fully acknowledges that this overview is non-exhaustive, it merely serves as a tool to show the EU-wide impact of the crisis.