Electric commercial vehicles: Tax benefits and purchase incentives (2023)
Many European countries offer fiscal support to stimulate market uptake of electric commercial vehicles, but these tax benefits and purchase incentives differ widely.
ACEA provides an annual overview of European fiscal measures for purchasing electric vehicles. In conjunction with the passenger cars edition, ACEA has compiled an overview for commercial electric vehicles in EU member states, Iceland, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
In this first edition, ACEA outlines the tax benefits (related to acquisition and ownership), purchase incentives, such as bonus payments or buyer premiums, and stimuli for developing or installing charging infrastructure.
- 22 EU member states (~80%) do not offer incentives for infrastructure development or installation
- Almost one-third of EU member states do not offer incentives for purchasing electric commercial vehicles
- Three member states offer no tax benefits
- The Netherlands
- Hungary is the only member state with no tax benefits or purchase incentives
- In general, EU member states offer a lower number of tax benefits and purchase incentives for electric commercial vehicles compared to electric passenger cars
In general, EU member states offer a lower number of tax benefits and purchase incentives for electric commercial vehicles compared to electric passenger cars.