Road safety – Come and experience virtual reality systems on 26 November
Don’t forget to register for the ‘Towards zero: Safe vehicles, safe drivers, safe roads’ event in Brussels on Monday 26 November, organised by the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA). Seating is limited!
Come and experience first-hand through our virtual reality systems:
- The interaction between cars and bicycles on the road.
- The latest active safety technologies for cars.
And join us for a lively discussion on these and many other topical issues:
- What is the right mix of passive and active safety measures, and does the European Commission’s General Safety Regulation proposal strike the right balance?
- Human error is responsible for some 90% of all accidents today. Will it ever be possible to remove this element from the road safety equation?
- Automated cars need to be able to ‘read’ roads – but how can we ensure that road markings and traffic signs will be fully readable in the future?
- Can some active safety technologies, such as those that monitor driver behaviour, raise privacy concerns?
- About 65% of all fatal road accidents are caused by violations of traffic rules. What can policy makers do to better enforce existing laws?
Given that the European Commission’s proposal for the revision of the General Safety Regulation is under discussion right now by the European Parliament and the European Council, this conference will be extremely timely.
Click here for the full programme.
‘Towards zero: Safe vehicles, safe drivers, safe roads’ will bring together policy makers from the European institutions (including Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport), vice-presidents in charge of safety technology from Europe’s major automobile manufacturers, and other important stakeholders who play a crucial role in road safety.
This event is kindly hosted by the Representation of the Free State of Bavaria to the European Union, Rue Wiertz 77, 1000 Brussels.
Monday 26 November 2018, 14.00-18.00