Powertrain options for commercial vehicles
Make sure to mark Wednesday 29 November 2017 in your calendar for the ‘Powertrain options for commercial vehicles’ conference in Brussels.
Today, trucks, vans and buses fulfill the majority of our transport needs.
- But how should these vehicles be powered, now and in the future?
- Is there one single technology that stands out?
- What are the essential criteria for transport operators when making their vehicle purchase decisions?
To explore these and other questions, the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is organising a conference entitled ‘Powertrain options for commercial vehicles’ on 29 November. This event will:
- Provide an overview of all the different powertrain options – alternative and conventional – available for commercial vehicles.
- Explore which ones are most adapted to their different use cases, such as long-haul and regional freight delivery, urban transport of goods and urban public transport.
- Take a snapshot of the market today and make policy recommendations for the future, particularly with a view to contributing to decarbonising road transport, in line with the European Commission’s mobility package.
A range of trucks, vans and buses, powered by different technologies, will also be on display at the event.
Keynote speeches will be made by:
- Preston Feight, ACEA’s Commercial Vehicle Board Chairman and President of DAF Trucks
- Henrik Hololei, Director General of DG MOVE at the European Commission
- Inés Ayala Sender, MEP
Join the online conversation
Do you have questions for our panellists or simply want to share your views? Join the online conversation by using the #PowertrainOptions hashtag on Twitter.
- Date: 29 Nov 2017 — 29 Nov 2017
- Time: 13:30 — 17:30
- Address: Autoworld Museum, Parc du Cinquantenaire 11, 1000 Brussels