How to scale up zero-emission commercial vehicles? ACEA-Hydrogen Europe conference
The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) and Hydrogen Europe are joining forces for a fascinating online conference on the expansion of zero-emission commercial vehicles on 1 October 2020 from 15.00 to 16.20.
Transport accounts for a quarter of the EU’s greenhouse gas emissions, and a 90% reduction in transport emissions is needed by 2050 to achieve carbon neutrality. To reach this ambitious target, the commercial vehicle industry must contribute to the decarbonisation of road freight transport. The rapid deployment of zero-emission vehicles at a large scale will be key to this.
In this context, ACEA and Hydrogen Europe are joining forces for a fascinating high-level conference on the expansion of zero-emission commercial vehicles. CEOs from key industries and EU decision makers will discuss the role of these vehicles, and particularly those powered by hydrogen, in the EU’s decarbonisation strategy. This conference is the perfect opportunity to seize the moment and accelerate the deployment of zero-emission commercial vehicles, ranging from light commercial vehicles such as vans to long-haul and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Thursday 1 October 2020, 15.00-16.20
Join the online conference
- Click here to watch the event recording.
15.00 – Welcome and introduction
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, Secretary General Hydrogen Europe
15.05 – Alternative fuels in the ‘Green Recovery’ plan – Hydrogen strategy
- Walter Goetz, Head of Cabinet, Commissioner Adina Vălean
- Sarah Nelen, Deputy Head of Cabinet EVP Timmermans
15.15 – OEM views, opening of session
- Martin Daum, CEO Daimler Trucks
15.20 – Panel discussion I: OEM and equipment suppliers views
- Florent Menegaux, CEO Michelin
- Gerrit Marx, President Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, CNH Industrial
- Prof Christian Mohrdieck, Managing Director, Daimler Truck Fuel Cell GmbH & Co. KG
15.45 – Panel discussion II: Hydrogen distribution and infrastructure
- Marco Alverà, CEO SNAM
- Patrick Huber, CEO H2Energy
- Jon André Løkke, CEO Nel
16.05 – Urban logistics and LCVs
- Mark Sutcliffe, Senior Vice President, Alliance LCV Business Unit, Renault
16.10 – Transport operators
- Matthias Maedge, Global Director of advocacy, IRU
16.15 – Conclusions
- Eric-Mark Huitema, ACEA Director General