Commercial vehicles: first quarter EU registrations up by 5%
A total of 226,194 new vans were registered in March 2007 in Europe, 2% above last year’s already very upbeat result. In spite of one working day less across Europe, this improvement owes to recovering German economy, notably in the construction sector, and sustained increase in the new EU Member States van registrations (+15.8%)
See content in attachment.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is the Brussels-based trade association of the 14 major car, van, truck and bus producers in Europe.
- The ACEA commercial vehicle members are DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ford Trucks, Iveco Group, MAN Truck & Bus, Scania, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Francesca Piazza, Senior Statistics Manager, email@example.com.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13.0 million Europeans work in the automotive sector
- 11.5% of all manufacturing jobs in the EU
- €374.6 billion in tax revenue for European governments
- €101.9 billion trade surplus for the European Union
- Over 7% of EU GDP generated by the auto industry
- €59.1 billion in R&D spending annually, 31% of EU total