Commercial vehicles: firm 2007 take off with a 10% rise in European registrations
In January 2007, commercial vehicle registrations increased by +13.75% across Europe to reach 242,320 units registered in total.
Please find the full press release attached for more details.
- The European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is the Brussels-based trade association of the 16 major car, van, truck and bus producers in Europe.
- The ACEA commercial vehicle members are DAF Trucks, Daimler Truck, Ford Trucks, Iveco Group, MAN Truck & Bus, Scania, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and Volvo Group.
- Visit www.acea.auto for more information about ACEA, and follow us on www.twitter.com/ACEA_auto or www.linkedin.com/company/ACEA/.
- Contact: Francesca Piazza, Statistics Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in ACEA press releases?
Receive them directly in your inbox!
About the EU automobile industry
- 13 million Europeans work in the auto industry (directly and indirectly), accounting for 7% of all EU jobs.
- 11.5% of EU manufacturing jobs – some 3.4 million – are in the automotive sector.
- Motor vehicles are responsible for €374.6 billion of tax revenue for governments across key European markets.
- The automobile industry generates a trade surplus of €79.5 billion for the EU.
- The turnover generated by the auto industry represents more than 8% of the EU’s GDP.
- Investing €58.8 billion in R&D annually, the automotive sector is Europe’s largest private contributor to innovation, accounting for 32% of total EU spending.